You Tuber Review: Beau of the fifth column


You Tuber Review: Beau of the fifth column



The Pitch:
It is the philosophical duty of everyone to put some skepticism in the path of our opinions and the opinions of others. That, I’m happy to acknowledge, was what “Beau” of the fifth column did to me, the first time I opened one of his videos.
With a beard that would provoke envy in any hipster, a southern drawl, and pro-gun t-shirt, my prejudices were in top gear. I should just note, I’m European, so my mind was maybe even narrower going into it, than an American viewer. So, when I heard a balanced, well researched argument with a dose of our grandparent’s common sense; delivered in a tool shed, as a talking head program. I was happier than a hog in whatever that expression is.

Sound and quality:
The format is simple, so it doesn’t have to be too fancy. I personally prefer my editorials without the flashing green screen, especially those who use slickness to cover half-baked ideas. You tubers take note.
The sound is so good, I can hear Beau’s plumbing and piping in the background, so apart from a slightly more common urge to use the little boy’s room, I can’t complain. If you’re here for the aesthetic, you’re in the wrong place.

Recommended episodes:
Beau is a Journalist, so he covers what he feels are  the relevant stories in the media at the moment, and I recommend that you just check him out on whatever topic he is doing.
If you want a jumping off point, his video about shoe burning, his 100,000 subscriber video episode and his three part discussion of gun control are all good places to start.


Comentarios

Entradas populares de este blog

What is a Wonderwall?

Youtube : Are You Ready For The Stuglife?

PopPolitic: Dragons, Fandom and Consumer Power